Author Topic: 2000 Grand Cheerokee Over Heating  (Read 2243 times)

Offline charisma

• open/open
2000 Grand Cheerokee Over Heating
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:01:40 PM »
Hi I have a Grand 4.0, its over heating . It has a new radiator and new thermostat.
Does  anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/Smileys/old/jeepchicsrock.gif

Thanks in advance!

Offline zj98

• RC park staff
  • Insane crawler
Re: 2000 Grand Cheerokee Over Heating
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:41:48 PM »

Could be puged somewere. do you get heat inside from the heater?  Water pump might be bad.  When it gets warm check the hoses. There are two going to the fire wall about 1 inch round, these are the heater hoses. One should be hotter than the other.  Also check the radiator hose on top it should have presure in it. If not the cap might be bad.

:jeepchicsrock: 

Just a couple of thoughts, hope this helps.    :arcadefreak:
Bernie
I would like to thank Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Clayton off road, Quigley Driveshafts, A to Z Fabrication and Team Ramrod offroad.
94 grand V8 with 7 inch Clayton long arm, 231 swap with SYE. Dana 44a welded. Quigley driveshafts, OBA

77 hebby chebby

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »
under the pass side headkigt bulb is your fan relay kinda of a bitch to change but its most likely your prob . I work in a garage and we run into this all the time

Offline zj98

• RC park staff
  • Insane crawler
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 11:34:04 PM »
I forgot about that. My motherinlaws did that.  Get it runnig and watch the temp gadge. When it starts getting to warm see if the fan is on if not then wohla. 
Bernie
I would like to thank Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Clayton off road, Quigley Driveshafts, A to Z Fabrication and Team Ramrod offroad.
94 grand V8 with 7 inch Clayton long arm, 231 swap with SYE. Dana 44a welded. Quigley driveshafts, OBA

77 hebby chebby

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 01:11:49 PM »
your fan should also come on with the A/C on Hi so try that to but Ill bet money its that relay

Offline waterworld

• open/open
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 11:20:31 PM »
Replace the rad cap and see what happen. Usually this simple part is neglected and usual cause of overheating.

Offline waterworld

• open/open
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 11:09:33 PM »
Another reason could be a faulty waterpump or air bubbles in the lines that could cause the overheating Did you check/replaced the thermostat?