Author Topic: CV Trail Hillclimbs - Are these safe for stock WB TJ?  (Read 3942 times)

Offline 465stroker

• open/open
CV Trail Hillclimbs - Are these safe for stock WB TJ?
« on: May 14, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »
Hello.  It was our first time to Rausch this past weekend.  We came home with plans on what to improve before the next trip and questions on if we pushed the limit too far in other areas...

One hillclimb in particular was the right side of CV trails hills.  Standing from the bottom and counting clockwise it would of been the 3rd of 4 climbs over (actually the 3 & 4th lines start out the same on the bottom but split half way up with the 3rd seeming to be the best option of the 2). 

We took a TJ with 35's , 4.88's and locked up the hill with the last rocky ledge being the area that makes us wonder.  We cleared it with steady throttle and hardly any wheel spin - just the front tires carried about 6" the whole way up..  After clearing it we figured it be best left for longer wheelbase vehicles...  Or at least until we see another TJ / wrangler clear it for now.

Any thoughts - is it a LWB climb only or are we just finding out the limits of a built TJ and no worries?

Offline 1tuffyj

• Insane crawler
  • my squirrels got nuts
Re: CV Trail Hillclimbs - Are these safe for stock WB TJ?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:50:45 PM »
That's where longer WB is definitely your friend, but in no way does that mean a swb rig can't do it. Knowing your rig and its capabilities really pays off in that area. I personally wouldnt try it without good tires, lockers f/r, winch and a cage. But I say the same for any red trail in the park. Any less than those mods and it could be a long day out for u and your group. WB can help as much as hurt in some cases.
the pressure makes us stronger, the struggle makes us hunger, the hard lesssons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it.

Offline wildace

• one locker
Re: CV Trail Hillclimbs - Are these safe for stock WB TJ?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 12:38:20 AM »