Author Topic: Bike Hike  (Read 3131 times)

Offline kbjeepin

• RCrocs Grand Marshall
  • Insane crawler
Bike Hike
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:17:55 PM »
Rausch Creek Off Road Park Scenic Guided Hike and Bike Ride
Love the outdoors and looking for a day of fun and excitement? Rausch Creek Off Road Park is taking three outdoor activities hiking, biking and trail riding and rolling them into one.  The day will begin with hitting the trials in your stock or modified SUV/4x4 vehicle and exploring the variety of scenery, obstacles and terrains that Rausch Creek has to offer.  After four wheeling it’s time to go biking, leave the road bikes at home because these trails are well suited for hybrid or mountain bikes. The bike ride is subject to change but is approximately 5 miles long. Hope you aren’t getting tired because some of the coolest places to visit in Pennsylvania are just a short hike away. The group will have their choice of where the final destination goes, either Sweet Arrow Lake or Box Car Rocks. Sweet Arrow Lake is not a very long hike, less than 2 miles, but once you see the sites you will be glad you stopped.  Box Car Rocks AKA Chinese Wall, is another short 1.2 mile hike to an impressive collection of rocks that forms over a mile long, resembling a wall. There are windows, crevices, and passageways to explore at your own risk. Hiking, biking and four wheeling….come on it doesn’t get much better than that. Contact mary@rc4x4.org for more information.

Offline lizardking

• open/open
Re: Bike Hike
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:44 PM »
Was there interest in this?  I would probably be interested if it was hiking only.  The logistics of me bringing 2 bikes and off roading scared me off.... but if it was just hiking i would probably bring the kids and the dog too. 

By the way, I love these new adventure ideas.  I hope a few of of them work out.

Offline kbjeepin

• RCrocs Grand Marshall
  • Insane crawler
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:19:24 PM »
We will store the bikes while off roading then go from storage area for the ride.

Offline DirtDivah

• open/open
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 02:05:18 PM »
Sounds like the perfect combo! Any dates set for the fall?