Author Topic: Picture request - Trail 2  (Read 7178 times)

Offline jeeperjk

• open/open
Picture request - Trail 2
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:44:00 AM »
Can anyone point me to a video or pictures of the climb near the intersection of 2 & D.  I'm interested in the section that's just before you get to Crawler Ridge.

See pic...

Offline jeeperjk

• open/open
Re: Picture request
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:49:06 AM »
Mainly interested in the trail branching off toward Crawler Ridge, up and to the left of the red X.

Offline bcrouse

• two lockers
Picture request
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »
Pretty sure youre talking about Trail2.

You can start T2 at multiple locations. Theres a few lil obstacles in the trail. Its always confusing where it turns 90* to stay on the trail. I think they put up some more signage since I was last on it though.

Offline bcrouse

• two lockers
Picture request
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »
This was on Trail2.

When I still had my JK. This was on 38s

My friends TJ on 36" TSLs

Offline jeeperjk

• open/open
Re: Picture request
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 01:38:16 AM »
That kinda looks like the spot I'm talking about.  Lookin' for a good pic of it from the bottom of the hill.  I want a pic of where I busted my transfer case.  If it doesn't show up here, I'll snap a pic of it next time I'm out there.

Offline Wiki

• Insane crawler
  • ...just crawl it,
    • Blue Ribbon Coalition
Re: Picture request - Trail 2
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 05:46:32 AM »
Are you talking about the climb to the left of the X driving west (The back way to crawlers ridge) or to the right of the x driving east (If you were driving away from the ridge)?

Offline jeeperjk

• open/open
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 05:56:24 AM »
Yep, exactly.  To the left of the X.  The back way to Crawler Ridge.

Offline bcrouse

• two lockers
Picture request - Trail 2
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 02:43:22 PM »
That kinda looks like the spot I'm talking about.  Lookin' for a good pic of it from the bottom of the hill.  I want a pic of where I busted my transfer case.  If it doesn't show up here, I'll snap a pic of it next time I'm out there.

Ahh...no thats not the back side of Crawler Ridge.

Heres what youre looking for:

http://youtu.be/6UEBk5dX3i8

http://youtu.be/rxg7bGv59xw

....and this one http://youtu.be/L_eryLBDaeo around the 2:20 mark.

Offline jeeperjk

• open/open
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »

http://youtu.be/rxg7bGv59xw

I'm 99% sure that's in.  The spot you humped for 90% of that vid.  That's where I blew my case.  Looks simple when you're watching others do it.  Looks like it's really changed since that video, too.  Still have no clue why a Rubi case would've blown on that, but it's done now.  Atlas is only about 2-3 weeks out.  Can't wait to get back up there.

Offline TimV

• locked & lifted
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »
Here's a couple pictures of my Jeep humping the ledge up there last winter.  Actually, I think it was two winters ago.  Didn't make it up.  Was getting pretty dug out when I was up there.  I need to try it again next time I go back to the park.  Haven't been up there since the pics were taken.

Offline jeeperjk

• open/open
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
Here's a couple pictures of my Jeep humping the ledge up there last winter.  Actually, I think it was two winters ago.  Didn't make it up.  Was getting pretty dug out when I was up there.  I need to try it again next time I go back to the park.  Haven't been up there since the pics were taken.

Now, I'm sure that's the spot.  Problem is with me on 60's, ARBs, and 41's, I'd think I should've walked over that thing.

Offline TimV

• locked & lifted
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »
I have heard of a few broken transfer cases on that section.  I think it might have something to do with smacking the front diff just right on the rock face.  Thus pushing the front drive shaft and breaking the case. 

The day the pictures of mine on that spot were taken, there was someone at the park who broke a transfer case right there.  There was still oil in the snow when we came through later.

Offline 1tuffyj

• Insane crawler
  • my squirrels got nuts
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 01:08:14 PM »
U guys are talking about the backside of crawler ridge? We were just there a few weeks ago talking about how easy it got. It's like 3 ramps now, anything 35s or up with 1 locker can cruise it. I'd think less than that and it would be a real challenge. That climb owned me a few yrs back. Bigger holes back then.
the pressure makes us stronger, the struggle makes us hunger, the hard lesssons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it.

Offline jeeperjk

• open/open
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 01:16:55 PM »
U guys are talking about the backside of crawler ridge? We were just there a few weeks ago talking about how easy it got. It's like 3 ramps now, anything 35s or up with 1 locker can cruise it. I'd think less than that and it would be a real challenge. That climb owned me a few yrs back. Bigger holes back then.

I'll be back there in a couple of weeks and I'll take my own pics of it.  I'm pretty sure the pics above are the area I'm talking about, but it's so hard to tell on videos.