Author Topic: down by old office  (Read 5369 times)

Offline zj98

• RC park staff
  • Insane crawler
down by old office
« on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:06 PM »

So with a little help from a club called OCC, off camber crawlers the area betwen the comp course and down to the old office is now opened back up. so If you never new there was trails on that side of the hill you do now. upper 3 , lower 3 ,trail 6 and a hole lot more got opened back up

Thanks to all the people that helped with this project and happy trails

Bernie
I would like to thank Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Clayton off road, Quigley Driveshafts, A to Z Fabrication and Team Ramrod offroad.
94 grand V8 with 7 inch Clayton long arm, 231 swap with SYE. Dana 44a welded. Quigley driveshafts, OBA

Offline famous web wheeler

• Insane crawler
Re: down by old office
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »
it was like that area fell off the map
Rcrocs class 1 Team 385 Down N Dirty Krawlers

Offline 1tuffyj

• Insane crawler
  • my squirrels got nuts
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »
Trail 6 got REALLY bad over the last 3 years, difficulty wise. I ran it on 33s locked rear and cruised it a few years back.  Last summer on 35s locked f/r it almost won lol. Holy rocky rut Batman ;D
the pressure makes us stronger, the struggle makes us hunger, the hard lesssons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it.

Offline Red

• Insane crawler
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 05:07:45 PM »
Love to see that the work that's being done to the park is being done.  Loved what you guys did with Trail 20, and can't wait to see what Trails 3 and 6 look like now that they're cut back in.  Really making me wish I hadn't sold my rig now!!!
'06 Tacoma - DD

Offline mikes04tj

• locked & lifted
  • uh...oops!!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »
Trail 6 is fun. I would agree, even with 35s its challenging. Its great to see they're being cleared out more
04 tj black with gray primer
4"  Rock Krawler LA,40s,SW epi9.0,full skids, a to z fab cage,a to z fab beadlocks& a to z fab comp. frt. bumper, super duty axles, etc...
#378 rc rocs.   Bmja.org,  DNC
A to Z fabrication

Offline yunit

• locked & lifted
    • RIGHTCOAST4X4.COM
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »
Cool! Time to start updating the maps with all the newer & renewed trails.
Pete

Offline zj98

• RC park staff
  • Insane crawler
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 09:30:32 PM »
Cool! Time to start updating the maps with all the newer & renewed trails.

Yes we have been working on the maps.  You will see some of the newer stuff on them now. when we run out of printed maps we add what we have fixed and added so they get current. I belive that the newest version is on line.
Bernie
I would like to thank Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Clayton off road, Quigley Driveshafts, A to Z Fabrication and Team Ramrod offroad.
94 grand V8 with 7 inch Clayton long arm, 231 swap with SYE. Dana 44a welded. Quigley driveshafts, OBA

Offline 94krawler

• Insane crawler
  • kreepy krawler
    • rightcoast4x4
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:36:55 PM »
Man we have been running it for awhile even though it was overgrown.  Trail 6, stairstep, all the climbs along there.  Glad its cleared back out :smokin:
94 toyota truggy for sale

Offline Mike77cj5

• Insane crawler
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »
Back in the day trail 3 and 6 were among my favorite to run. We used to use 3 as a warm up and ride all parts of 6. Used to love the tippy squeeze rocks at the intersection.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
Henry Ford

Offline John

• open/open
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 03:13:25 PM »
I'm gonna be there on the 17th, and was hoping to head over to these trails, well 3 anyway, I'm not ready for 6 yet. Anyway they are on the "online" map as green and the PDF version (written description) they are blue, does anyone know if U3 and L3 are in fact still blues? also the map date is May 2010, just curious if its up to date yet, thanks.

Offline 1-Ton-XJ

• two lockers
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 03:20:53 PM »
Definitely some of my favorites
Avoid Best Transmission...read about my experience

http://www.neow.net/index.php?showtopic=116345#entry1750502

Offline Lynn

• RC Officer
  • Insane crawler
  • We're Going Wheelin'
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 07:23:30 PM »
L3 has two sections.   One is green, the other blue.  L3, plus Shortcut to A, was recently re-marked so that is correct with the map you get from the office.

U3 started out green years ago and I believe shortly before we were going to bump it up to Blue, all that timbering happened and the trail got "lost" until now.   I have fresh signs for Bernie to put up, those say U3 is blue, but the map still shows it as green.   I seem to recall last time I drove it most of the trail is in fact green but a couple places were sketchy off-camber (Jesus Mary and Joseph were seen!). 

I'll see if we can get the exit, entrance signs put up this weekend and determine which color it should be.

Offline John

• open/open
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »
Great, thanks can't wait to check it out.

Offline zj98

• RC park staff
  • Insane crawler
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 09:49:01 PM »
L3 has two sections.   One is green, the other blue.  L3, plus Shortcut to A, was recently re-marked so that is correct with the map you get from the office.

U3 started out green years ago and I believe shortly before we were going to bump it up to Blue, all that timbering happened and the trail got "lost" until now.   I have fresh signs for Bernie to put up, those say U3 is blue, but the map still shows it as green.   I seem to recall last time I drove it most of the trail is in fact green but a couple places were sketchy off-camber (Jesus Mary and Joseph were seen!). 

I'll see if we can get the exit, entrance signs put up this weekend and determine which color it should be.

Thanks Lynn. I will make sure I get the signs up this weekend. U3 isnt to bad I to bad. From the parking lot side would be easier to try since the harder part would be down hill. there is one of camber section about in the middle that has some losse dirt in it. I will run the hole thing this weekend and post how it is and try and get a few fresh pics of the trails.

I am glad there is a lot of interest in these trails. 
Bernie

Offline Rubicon Chris

• open/open
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »
Me and my buddies ran those hills yesterday from the comp area down to the old office and back up. Pretty tough, but a lot of fun. Thought about Jotters but it was raining and felt a little to risky. We were on 35`s and 37`s.
05 Rubi, 4in Currie springs, Clayton short arms, Bilstein 5100 shocks, UCF belly up, Ten Factory alloys f/r, Warn 9.5i, 35in Mtr Kevs, plus much much more!