Author Topic: Must have been idiot day at the garage yesterday!  (Read 2299 times)

Offline silverstar

• one locker
Must have been idiot day at the garage yesterday!
« on: November 10, 2013, 07:10:51 PM »
Well after another great day of wheeling with friends I headed over to the "garage" to air back up. It's later in the day so as expected it was pretty busy so I pull in line over near the comp course. As I'm waiting a whole line of A-holes comes pulling in and right up by the garage basically cutting the line. Not wanting to cause any trouble I leave and go back to where my friends are camping and hang out with them for awhile to cool off. I go back over and get back in line and watch a group air up an xj and then begin searching for something inside the jeep. After about 5 minutes I walk over and ask them if they're done airing up, they said yeah so I asked them to please move so I could air up because I'd like to leave sometime tonight. As I'm finally airing up a guy beside me asks if I have an air guage. I said sure and let him borrow my guage. As I'm airing up I can hear his buddy telling him the pressures and about crap my pant when he says "yeah they're all good, they're all between 45 and 50 psi"!! This guy was in a two door jk with 33's and was airing up to 50 psi!!! :yim_doh: :ohnooo: I can only imagine what that thing has got to ride like and what his tire wear patterns are. I had already had a long day and just wanted to go home so I just let them be. Next time I will be sure to make SURE I have my compressor with me so I can just air up and go home. Other than that though we had a great day wheeling the NE. I ran BFG hill and ALMOST made it up over the slab right in the middle line! My rig is still my DD (for a couple more years anyway) so I get kinda nervous having to give it a little too much bump when I'm already near vertical. LOL I know, I'm a  :censure:.

07 JK Unlimited Rubicon. Red rock crystal. 2.5" Rough country spacer lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear mtr/k's on 15x8 black mb72 wheels.  Riddler diff covers, poison spider evap skid. More to come..slowly

(Sold) 08 Nissan Titan SE 4x4
PRG Leveling kit, 35" Cooper STT's, N-Fabs

Offline RegisteredUser

• open/open
Re: Must have been idiot day at the garage yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:12:31 AM »
I just drive back down the hill to the gas station to air up. Saves times and nerves.

Did the guys with 50 psi have the entire Quadratec catalog on their Jeeps? It sounds like they would.
locked and locked XJ on 33s

Offline 1tuffyj

• Insane crawler
  • my squirrels got nuts
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:21:26 PM »
You would have made bfg with a decent bump. Just sayin
the pressure makes us stronger, the struggle makes us hunger, the hard lesssons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it.

Offline silverstar

• one locker
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »
Lol, I think it would have been more like 4 wheel parts catalog! But yeah, they definitely didn't have a clue.

Dana, I'm sure I could have but like I said I get nervous giving it too much bump when I'm already near vertical (at least it felt that way, LOL) and it's my DD and I'm still making payments. Once I have a DD I'll be a little more nuts like you!  :arcadefreak:  It also didn't help that I had just watched you lifting your front end and about going over backwards trying that slab. I know, I know, my extra wheelbase helps and makes it much more stable on climbs but it still didn't feel good to me. Trust me, I would have LOVED to have made it because that would have just been plain badass but I'll save that for a day when I have another ride to work. LOL
07 JK Unlimited Rubicon. Red rock crystal. 2.5" Rough country spacer lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear mtr/k's on 15x8 black mb72 wheels.  Riddler diff covers, poison spider evap skid. More to come..slowly

Offline silverstar

• one locker
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:16:55 PM »
And where's my video of me climbing that?? I put yours up, now get Janelle to put mine up! LOL