Author Topic: Quick Yj build up  (Read 5065 times)

Offline Mike77cj5

• Insane crawler
Re: Quick Yj build up
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 03:15:26 PM »
Minor update. Gears have been shipped to my shop from Summit. Gotta finish cleaning the housing and get the gears installed. Also started installing two sets of lights on the front. Pics soon.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
Henry Ford

Offline Mike77cj5

• Insane crawler
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 06:31:42 PM »
Well, the first axle guy put off doing the gears for about 3 months and lost the work. I took the axle to a friend of a friend and picked my 8.8 sunday this past weekend. Ford Motorsport 4.56 gears, welded diff, all new bearings and seals and welded tubes. :banana_sml:

Time to trailer the jeep to the shop and start cutting and welding. Lots of parts to install. Will add pics as the build progresses.
Henry Ford

Offline Mike77cj5

• Insane crawler
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 03:23:37 PM »
Cut the exhaust off. It was too bent past the o2 sensor to reuse.
Henry Ford

Offline 1tuffyj

• Insane crawler
  • my squirrels got nuts
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 07:49:09 PM »
You're welcome [emoji1]
the pressure makes us stronger, the struggle makes us hunger, the hard lesssons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it.

Offline Mike77cj5

• Insane crawler
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 12:12:51 PM »
Well, no updates really. Took the jeep wheelin a few times this year w/o any upgrades. I just got too busy with the shops and my side-work.

Taking her wheelin 1 last time next weekend, then its back to the shop to start cutting and upgrading. Have a pile of parts waiting. This should be fun... :drinkup:
Henry Ford

Offline Mike77cj5

• Insane crawler
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »
Well, its been 2 1/2 years w/o much progress. Been wheelin the other yj since i bought it, so this one got back-burnered. 
Got the old 3" body lift and rusty bolts out, replaced everything with a 1" taller bushing to facilitate the flat belly skid i have planned. In the process of rust removal on the frame and body, body work/patching and repainting the frame and under body.

Rear frame rails are rusty and too thin, so that is next on the list. Hope to start on reassembly mid april.
Henry Ford