Author Topic: Will a lifted Subaru Outback be able to handle the Green trails?  (Read 4755 times)

Offline skiboatm

• open/open
Hey guys, first time post. I had to get rid of my 67 Jeep J2000 Gladiator when I moved from Idaho back to MD, and unfortunately my current 4x4 vehicles are light duty at best. My 2003 Subaru Outback H6 Wagon has approximately a 2" lift between the +1 sized Yokohama Geolander AT/S tires and the King Spring lift springs + top hats, and it has the cold weather package VLSD. I have a toggle switch to override the front-drive preference and lock it at 50/50 F/R. Stock the vehicle has 8.7" of ground clearance, so my current conservative estimate is around 9.5" between lift and saggy wagon syndrome. It also has front and rear skid 3/16" aluminum skid plates protecting the oil pan and the rear diff, with a trans pan plate en route. Will this be able to handle most of the green trails?

My other vehicle is a 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk... its got the shitty stock Goodyear Wrangler RSA tires, but it has 4-low, approx 9" of ground clearance, and great approach/departure angles. Would this be a better/more capable vehicle for the trails? Just some recreational wheeling with the bros, nothing too hardcore, strictly a green trail weekend.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!

Matt
Crofton MD

Offline 94wrangler

• Insane crawler
  • MarksLJ
Re: Will a lifted Subaru Outback be able to handle the Green trails?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »
Green trails should be fine with a good driver.  Sounds like you probably are.  I saw a group of 3 Subaru's a few years ago.  Looked like they were having fun.  Have also seen a Lexus suv before.
05 Rubicon Unlimited with 35's
76 CJ5, AMC 360, T18, Detroit, 35 SSR's
82 Scrambler 454 power

Offline shane

• locked & lifted
  • Monster java addict
    • RightCoast 4x4
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:49:50 AM »
some of the water on the trails may float you  :biggrin:  id love to see this on the trail though.
85 4runner, 1 tons, full hydro, exo, dual cases, 5.39's with 39 inch tires. aka the toad.
www.rightcoast4x4.com

Offline zachv

• Park Sponsor
  • Insane crawler
    • AtoZ Fabrication
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 01:13:14 PM »
Do one of Kyle's training/guiding days and you will be amazed at where that Subaru could go.

http://www.offroad-consulting.com/
AtoZ FABRICATION, INC.
570-385-3931
www.atozfabrication.c om