Author Topic: The 5ft pit - pics and discussion  (Read 56430 times)

Offline hard2kill

• open/open
  • crawl it
Re: The 5ft pit - pics and discussion
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »
i was there on july 8th...it was like 2ft deep or so and it had rained the day before :huh2:   i stoped in the middle an slowly crawled out.in my tacoma on 33's  very dissapointed..milksha ke on the other hand can make u stop in your tracks..
06 doublecab taco trd sport,sliders,3in bilstein lift,snorkel,spacers,33x10x17 km2's,areoturbine muffler wit chopped tail pipe,afe filter,hi-lift,tint,weathertechs,steel plate bumpers,custom roof and bedracks,5pcs. budbuilt skids,bamf lca skids,many other small mods and many more big mods to come :)

Offline 94krawler

• Insane crawler
  • kreepy krawler
    • rightcoast4x4
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2011, 07:26:09 PM »
You should go in frog hole and see how deep it is now, I havent been in it in years.
94 toyota truggy for sale

Offline famous web wheeler

• Insane crawler
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
always go in lake christy i heard its shallow lol
Rcrocs class 1 Team 385 Down N Dirty Krawlers

Offline 94krawler

• Insane crawler
  • kreepy krawler
    • rightcoast4x4
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2011, 09:19:07 PM »
94 toyota truggy for sale

Offline mr.mindless

• locked & lifted
The 5ft pit - pics and discussion
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2011, 07:12:33 PM »
Ran some deep water Saturday. After nearly covering my 42s in the Hills & Bowls bowl and then in the trench I decided to see how deep 5' hole was. Didn't get my hubs wet.

Then we ran Lake Christy. The lower ofthe 2 TJs on 35s took on water through the passenger door. I ran both shores of the main lake and I think Shane's holes are smoothed out. The far share is definitely deeper. Probably 3' on the Roxy's way side and 3.5' on the far shore. The pre-lake is still all muck on the far side too. I didn't test that Inc it got soft.
Michael Maskalans

Quote from: RockRig
I'm often wrong, but I'm never in doubt

Offline Red

• Insane crawler
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2011, 01:26:50 PM »
Ran some deep water Saturday. After nearly covering my 42s in the Hills & Bowls bowl and then in the trench I decided to see how deep 5' hole was. Didn't get my hubs wet.

Then we ran Lake Christy. The lower ofthe 2 TJs on 35s took on water through the passenger door. I ran both shores of the main lake and I think Shane's holes are smoothed out. The far share is definitely deeper. Probably 3' on the Roxy's way side and 3.5' on the far shore. The pre-lake is still all muck on the far side too. I didn't test that Inc it got soft.

Last time I went through the trench the water covered my 38s.  That and that water stank bad!
'06 Tacoma - DD

Offline Shupper96

• two lockers
  • Still playing in puddles!
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2011, 09:32:33 AM »
Nothing like the smell of stank water, especially when it's cooking off of your radiator.
_______ooooo
/__l__l_,\____\,___
l_---l__l__l---( )lllllll( )
_.(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Offline mr.mindless

• locked & lifted
The 5ft pit - pics and discussion
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2011, 12:00:25 PM »
That trench didn't really hold water until this year it seems. Unless it's just been my timing but I remember it usually being almost dry in years past.
Michael Maskalans

Quote from: RockRig
I'm often wrong, but I'm never in doubt

Offline Red

• Insane crawler
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »
That trench didn't really hold water until this year it seems. Unless it's just been my timing but I remember it usually being almost dry in years past.

Same here Bolton.  It used to be a little muddy at times but that was about it.  Something happened because I don't remember seeing it hold that much water before.
'06 Tacoma - DD