Author Topic: steep hill by frog hole  (Read 28363 times)

Offline Rolling Thunder

• RC park staff
  • two lockers
Re: steap hill by frog hole
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 07:39:33 AM »
About 4 weakends ogo I did this hill backwards cause I was at the back of the line waiting for my group to move and got board I went up the rut side that was fun forshure  :drinkup:

Offline 1999XJ

• two lockers
  • 06 Rubi on 33's
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 11:56:43 PM »
just a quick video of two of us going over this hill from the frog hole side. I think i prefer to do this one rut side first   :anon:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/neonrollinon18s/?action=view&current=hisandhers002.flv
My Jeep has been bad........ It MUST be punished!

Offline XJXtian

• locked & lifted
  • rocky, wet and off-camber
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 04:25:21 PM »
I did that hill once....gave me nightmares. hehehe just kidding...but I did hate it. I'm working on my hillclimb fear.

Offline mhoover

• two lockers
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2008, 10:09:29 PM »
Hmm, I've never gone up the non-rutted side.  Just the rutted side.  I'll have to try that next time.   :banana_sml:
'90 YJ  37" Rockers locked F&R

Offline bullfrog

• RC Squatter
  • Insane crawler
  • HE'S lift'n me Higher
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 10:02:57 AM »
try it in the rain and ice.  that was a challenge.  driving forward and sliding backward.  :banana_sml:
Find us on Facebook, Christian Crawlers off road PA, for our trail ride dates.

http://christiancrawlers.forumotion.com/forum

Offline ramchargerbeast

• RC park staff
  • locked & lifted
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 09:15:17 PM »
We had the same problem the other week trying to move a 5000 lb ramcharger up that hill. Too much weight and to slick of a hill.
Rausch Creek Rules
2007 Dodge 2500/Hemi  Tow Rig

RCRocs Judge
Bill & Carol

Offline bullfrog

• RC Squatter
  • Insane crawler
  • HE'S lift'n me Higher
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 09:30:46 PM »
We had the same problem the other week trying to move a 5000 lb ramcharger up that hill. Too much weight and to slick of a hill.

did you end up making it?  i'd like to have seen that.   go!go!go!go!  oh man almost!  :pullinhair:  :biggrin:
Find us on Facebook, Christian Crawlers off road PA, for our trail ride dates.

http://christiancrawlers.forumotion.com/forum

Offline jeannies_driver

• RC Squatter
  • Insane crawler
  • RCROCS rule's hardass
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 02:04:06 AM »
the bad part is if you don't stop at the bottom,,, you go through the tree's and into a dark wet abyss on the other side,, which is about 30 feet straight down ! i like coming from the rutted side but the " what could be " after that scare's me.  :biggrin: i never tried to make the jeep swim that much.......
On a scale of 1-R2, how bad was the roll ?

Special thanks to:
Clayton Offroad
Profender Shocks
Rausch Creek
AtoZ Fab

Ed Carpenter

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »
Is there any way we can correct the spelling in the thread title to "STEEP?"  It didn't bother me at first, but after entering this thread so many times, it's beginning to get to me.  But seriously, this is a good thread!

I've done this hill in both directions, the first time with no lockers on the non-rutted side.  Flew over it so as not to high center at the top.  The most fun time was last winter with about 4 to 6 inches of fresh snow on the rutted side and one locker.  I had to make many attempts, going about 1 or 2 feet further on each attempt till I had made a path.

Safari

Offline ramchargerbeast

• RC park staff
  • locked & lifted
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2008, 08:49:49 PM »
No. We did not make it. Tried a few times but started sliding sideways and decided our truck was too big to be sitting sideways on that hill. We have made it several times before when it was drier. We do love the hill.
Rausch Creek Rules

RCRocs Judge
Bill & Carol

Offline Shiprekd

• Insane crawler
  • Park Staff
Re: steep hill by frog hole
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 02:35:23 PM »
I fixed the subject line of the original thread post. I'm NOT going thru all of the posts to fix the typo.. LOL

I honestly haven't had any problems getting over it in either direction wet or dry. Being locked on both ends I guess a major factor. Personally, I would rather go rut side than the other direction.

Here's a vid from almost 2yrs ago...

http://www.youtube.com/v/bWIxIRGZzLM

Ed Carpenter

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »
Wish I had that much ground clearance, but then if I did I porbably couldn't get up inot my Jeep.

Offline ramchargerbeast

• RC park staff
  • locked & lifted
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »
I'm guessing "porbably" = PROBABLY???? 

Ship.... can ya take care of that!?!?!?!?

Tehehehe...... Just goofin' on ya Ed!!   :nana2: :nana2:

Rausch Creek Rules

RCRocs Judge
Bill & Carol

Offline Shiprekd

• Insane crawler
  • Park Staff
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 10:18:42 PM »
LOL... naaaaaaa I'm done doin good deeds for the day! It's all on Ed this time around  :popcorn:

Offline Mike77cj5

• Insane crawler
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 12:25:49 PM »
I thought it is kind of an easy hill myself. I've been over it more then a few times, in both directions.  :2twocents: :popcorn:
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
Henry Ford

Offline XJXtian

• locked & lifted
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 08:10:02 PM »
I'm guessing "porbably" = PROBABLY???? 

Ship.... can ya take care of that!?!?!?!?

Tehehehe...... Just goofin' on ya Ed!!   :nana2: :nana2:

That's so wrong. hahahah ED!!!! (I really cannot stop laughing) Ed, you're too funee.

Ed Carpenter

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 08:24:18 PM »
You know, I learned to type on a manual typewriter in high school.  They were NOT touch sensitive like these blankety-blank keyboards that have all these gremlins hiding in them.  My biggest problem seems to be typing "Rausch Creek", if I don't take a deliberate pause after the first letter of each word, I end up with the first two letters capitalized.  I guess my fingers are too d*** fast!

I also have that same problem that most people have:  I can proof read other people's work, but not my own because I know what I wanted to say and just assume that that's what it does say--NOT!!!

Maybe I DIDN'T mean "probably."  Maybe I meant "Port-O-Pot!"

YOU CAN'T TEACH AN OLD FART NEW TRICKS . . . unless you modify his Jeep (or other off-road vehicle)!

Or . . . in the words of Christ, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

Offline 1999XJ

• two lockers
  • 06 Rubi on 33's
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 08:37:12 PM »
good come back Ed. i on the other hand cannot spell to save my own life and my typing skills are the hunt and peck with one finger method. but back to the thread........ I like this hill. I've done it three times and three different ways. first  time i went up the rut side but went to the left right after the stump to avoid the ruts. second i just followed the ruts right up and over and then the third did it from the frog hole side only i was too far right and ended up in the right rut with the left tires and hooked the stump towards the bottom!!!! :rock: :anon:

Offline XJXtian

• locked & lifted
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 08:56:52 PM »
1999XJ....do you think it's harder from the rut side or the froghole side?

I saw your rig last weekend....real nice. My group was standing next to you...I said hi to
your wife/girlfriend when you guys were getting in it after checking in....it's a SUPER nice
job you've done. I always say if I was going to have a Jeep, it'd be an XJ. I actually almost
bought one last week.....but there was too much wrong with it.

Offline 1999XJ

• two lockers
  • 06 Rubi on 33's
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 10:01:52 PM »
ummmm i guess i would say from the frog hole side was a little harder because i didn't hit the ruts quite right when i went over the over side and i ended up half in the ruts which made for a rough "landing". its a fun hill without a doubt. :rock:

and thx for the props on my XJ. its a good piece. bought it new back in Feb. of '99 and havn't ever had a serious problem with it(knock on wood). I started the build on in back in October so its still a work in progress buts its a good simple wheeler!! and my girlfriend is a great co-piolet. except the next time we go out she'll be driving her stock XJ for the first time off-road. I think she's getting the itch and suggested that i swap my lift for a bigger long arm system so she can have my stuff. he he!! :jeepchicsrock: