Author Topic: steep hill by frog hole  (Read 28357 times)

Offline 1999XJ

• two lockers
  • 06 Rubi on 33's
Re: steep hill by frog hole
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 10:32:16 PM »
and I'll try Ship's new video mod.................. ..... hope it works................ .........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ki4c8ODeQ
My Jeep has been bad........ It MUST be punished!

Ed Carpenter

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 01:40:40 AM »
Fred,

The video mod worked for your videos, but it won't work for mine.  Photobucket is one of the sites that haven't been perfected yet.

You know, if you ever decide to propose to your girl, there are lots of romantic spots at Rausch Creek.  You could tell her you dropped something important in the mud pit and ask her to go fishing for a ring.  Maybe we could even have the wedding and reception at RC, but they'd probably have to suspend the no alcohol rule.

Offline eagleblazer

• one locker
    • ChristianCrawlers.org
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2008, 05:41:10 AM »
I've been over the hill from both sides (no comments) Coming from the rut side toward the frog hole was a little scarier for me because I was on 2 wheels. From the other way I had some issue getting up.
1981 toy; 33s, rear locked
2001 ZR2 blazer 6" lift ; 33s

Offline phoenix827

• locked & lifted
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
You know, if you ever decide to propose to your girl, there are lots of romantic spots at Rausch Creek.  You could tell her you dropped something important in the mud pit and ask her to go fishing for a ring.  Maybe we could even have the wedding and reception at RC, but they'd probably have to suspend the no alcohol rule.
Wedding @ paragon thread, http://www.ctjeep.org/ctjeep3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3584&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=wedding&start=15
 :biggrin:

Offline UnlimitedNJ

• open/open
  • Who wants a mustache ride?

Offline shane

• locked & lifted
  • Monster java addict
    • RightCoast 4x4
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 04:25:56 PM »
did it in november for the first time, i thought i was gonna roll. Did it in feb in the ice, i thought... this is eas..... oh i cant stop, look trees..... phew i stopped :P

dakota on 40's

clayton jr stock with a locker in the rear i think...

And this pic is the best pic to represent the day.... Cold, as in 15 degrees cold, ice coated everything, and anything. Numb head to toe lol

85 4runner, 1 tons, full hydro, exo, dual cases, 5.39's with 39 inch tires. aka the toad.
www.rightcoast4x4.com

Offline DieselCrawler

• two lockers
  • wheelin a one ton....
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »
yea, um, sorry. the big rock that used to stick out on the one side isnt there anymore. i got it hooked on my skidplade and regraded the top of the hill.  that was 3-4 weeks ago.
1986 F350
6.9 diesel,np435, np205, hp 60 front, sterling 10.25 welded up solid
sitting on 42x14 Iroks
i'd rather be 6.9'n then cummin' or strokin'!

Offline 96TracKick

• open/open
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2010, 03:52:25 AM »
Psh. Been over it 3 time in my Tracker on 30x9.5 A/T with 2" coil spacer lift and open front/rear. I always went away from Frog Hole tho and just barely clear the top. Down rut side I dont have the travel and lift opposing sides going down from the deep ruts.

Offline ilikeguns

• open/open
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2012, 07:55:15 AM »
Sorry to revive an old thread.. but has anyone taken a stock Wrangler JKU over this hill?  Looks like fun!

Offline Cyberman

• Insane crawler
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2012, 09:58:54 AM »
You might make it, but more than likely you'll scrape going over the top.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

91 Toyota Pickup SAS, 35s, 5.29s, dual cases, locked front and rear

Offline ilikeguns

• open/open
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 09:32:10 PM »
Sorry to revive an old thread.. but has anyone taken a stock Wrangler JKU over this hill?  Looks like fun!

so... I have 35's now and a leveling kit and I scraped going over.  I had to use a decent amount of "finesse".. (gas)

Offline sixshooter

• locked & lifted
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 11:18:21 PM »
I have been over a few times, several in a XJ with 8" of lift, once in a CJ on 35s.  What I saw that was interesting was in 06'.  A silver TJ X edition with 55 miles on it, completely stock went over it hard and crooked, lost control a little, made a left atthe top, and ended up leaning against a tree that was about 3" diameter.  He wasn't with us on the trail, but we helped him get down...He had to change his shorts because that tree kept him from going over.  He had picked up the jeep the day before.