Author Topic: Yes It's Deep  (Read 19126 times)

Offline Lynn

• RC Officer
  • Insane crawler
  • We're Going Wheelin'
Yes It's Deep
« on: August 16, 2009, 09:26:14 PM »
On the Pole Line at the area of the 5-foot hole, there's a water hole next to that, we've named it "Yes It's Deep".    Finally got a picture of someone stuck in it.

Next to that, at the entrance to the green trail "D", the water hole there has gotten deeper, if it stays this deep, we'll have to open a bypass, because right now it's too deep for stock vehicles and "D" is a green access trail.  I had an extra "yes it's deep" sign, so I put that up there to warn people.  To bypass the hole, you can take the offshoot from Trail 2 to get around to the other side of D, but even that area has a hole, although not as deep right now.

Got a picture, but they were going kind of fast to get a picture when they were in the middle.  The water is about 6 inches from the top of the ground.

Offline rwolf

• locked & lifted
Re: Yes It's Deep
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:48:19 PM »
Here is a video of the one across from the 5 foot hole. (Back before I quit mud)

Truck has 38.5 boggers and around 10-12 inches of lift.

stoneyjeeper

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »
lynn isn't lying about the entrance to d being deep.

i hydro locked my xj in there on friday! will try and find a pic

Hummeron37s

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 04:21:59 PM »
The horseshoe is definitely deeper and tried to swallow my rig on saturday. I went through it about 2 months ago with 35" tires but this time it wasnt happening.

Offline Rockn93YJ

• locked & lifted
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 10:20:16 PM »
Its even deeper now!  Just went through on sunday the 13th and had to go full throttle with 44" boggers and a 454 big block.  Came home with about 100# of mud and gravel in the back of the CJ.
Team MARR #696

Offline Rockn93YJ

• locked & lifted
Team MARR #696

Offline iridemosh89

• two lockers
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 11:00:13 PM »
i made it through that with my samurai with 35 inch boggers about 2 weeks ago it is deep

Offline BigD

• RC park staff
  • two lockers
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 08:10:39 AM »
Yes Trail D entrance is deep.  I hydro locked my engine, bent something inside, and as 4 garages told me drove it till it died.  Well when it died. it really died.  Blew a hole the side of the engine the size of my fist.

Now, engine replaced, running fine, and no more deep water for me.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
1993 Grand Cherokee Limited (ZJ), 4.5" RE super Flex, 33's, fully skidded

Offline Rockn93YJ

• locked & lifted
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 09:15:45 AM »
Yes Trail D entrance is deep.  I hydro locked my engine, bent something inside, and as 4 garages told me drove it till it died.  Well when it died. it really died.  Blew a hole the side of the engine the size of my fist.
Now, engine replaced, running fine, and no more deep water for me.  :)

Looks familiar.  Blew the motor in my YJ years ago.  took in water(splashed water that was sucked into my open air cleaner) and hurt the motor.  ran rough for a month before it blew.  1st rod broke and punched a hole in the block, broke the camshaft and ripped the oil pan in 2.  Lesson learned, still do mud but use a snorkle now.
Team MARR #696

polarman

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »
 Wow, it looks like the horseshoe got a lot deeper since I got stuck in it in late June. I'm only on 31s and a 3" lift on my XJ. I couldn't have come any closer to hydrolocking. My air filter got wet, but it kept running so I let it idle while we extracted it. Boy, was that a close one! Last year I went through there several times, this year is a whole different ballgame! :spank:

Offline phoenix827

• locked & lifted
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 08:52:35 AM »
NICE!!  :rock: Did this last year on 32's/open. Played in the pit as well. FUN little hole!! :rock:

Hummeron37s

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 12:34:26 AM »
That Horseshoe is no joke now. I made it through in July on 35" tires but when I went back sept 5, I had to be winched out. Don't think I am going to mess with that hole anymore... :bow2:

Offline phoenix827

• locked & lifted
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 07:13:23 PM »
I loved it, JUST for the fact that it was more mud then water. I will be on 35's and locked next time I am down, and WILL be back in there!! :banana_sml: :rock:

Offline bullfrog

• RC Squatter
  • Insane crawler
  • HE'S lift'n me Higher
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 09:55:05 AM »
I'll be up on the 17th.  Is there a bypass to the trail D entrance "Yes it's Deep" yet?  If not, I can bring the chainsaw to open one up.
Find us on Facebook, Christian Crawlers off road PA, for our trail ride dates.

http://christiancrawlers.forumotion.com/forum

Offline Red

• Insane crawler
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 03:00:49 PM »
To bypass the hole, you can take the offshoot from Trail 2 to get around to the other side of D, but even that area has a hole, although not as deep right now.

Unfortunately this is not true anymore.  The hole on trail 2 is now just as deep as the one on D if not deaper.  The hole buried my 36s last time I went though.
'06 Tacoma - DD

Offline Lynn

• RC Officer
  • Insane crawler
  • We're Going Wheelin'
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »
Seems like everything's filling up in that area.   Couple weeks ago I opened up a bypass around the first hole on "D", wide enough to at least get the Teyrx through, but there's a hole further down D that's off-camber and deeper yet.   If it weren't for trying to keep that trail green, all these waterholes would be oh so wonderful.   :banana_sml:

Offline Red

• Insane crawler
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »
Seems like everything's filling up in that area.   Couple weeks ago I opened up a bypass around the first hole on "D", wide enough to at least get the Teyrx through, but there's a hole further down D that's off-camber and deeper yet.   If it weren't for trying to keep that trail green, all these waterholes would be oh so wonderful.   :banana_sml:

Another water hole that's deep is in the middle of Winch Hill which I actually ran for the first time last Sunday.  It's so off camber that the water almost came in the cab on the side lowest in the rut.  The floor boards are pretty far off the ground on my truck too.
'06 Tacoma - DD

Offline 94krawler

• Insane crawler
  • kreepy krawler
    • rightcoast4x4
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 06:56:17 PM »
Yeah winch hill isnt so bad but the hole is deffinitly pretty deep and OC.
94 toyota truggy for sale

Offline rwolf

• locked & lifted
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 08:12:14 PM »
Damn I need to fix a rig and go again.  I dont remember a water hole on winch hill.  I am ashamed. :ohnooo:

Offline Alex

• locked & lifted
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 08:49:01 AM »
Wow that little water hole got bad fast