Author Topic: Yes It's Deep  (Read 19120 times)

Offline low_range

• two lockers
  • ate lug
    • 4x4.forensick.net
Re: Yes It's Deep
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 08:54:10 PM »
Another water hole that's deep is in the middle of Winch Hill which I actually ran for the first time last Sunday.  It's so off camber that the water almost came in the cab on the side lowest in the rut.  The floor boards are pretty far off the ground on my truck too.

This surprised me. Ran Winch Hill on saturday, and it was a good 3'+ deep.

Offline Red

• Insane crawler
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 02:45:27 PM »
Another water hole that's deep is in the middle of Winch Hill which I actually ran for the first time last Sunday.  It's so off camber that the water almost came in the cab on the side lowest in the rut.  The floor boards are pretty far off the ground on my truck too.

This surprised me. Ran Winch Hill on saturday, and it was a good 3'+ deep.

Yeah, I was following Eric (94Krawler) on 40s and watched in total shock as his tires dissappeared into the depths.
'06 Tacoma - DD

Offline Shiprekd

• Insane crawler
  • Park Staff
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 03:26:48 AM »
Even though it's green, trail D is one of my favorites. Just because of the amount of water holes in it.

Any time I 'm leading a group of smaller rigs/stockers, I run them heading towards the pole line. When I hit the "entrance", I hit it pretty hard to push as much water out that I can. Going the opposite way tries to push the water uphill and runs right back down in it. Leading a group of bigger rigs, I'll lolly-gag thru it just to leave it deep ;O}

redrockin7

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »
I've been up there 4-5 times this year (July, Sept, and just as recently as Nov 14-15) and the hole on D entrance has never been that deep? I've run it each time out on 1.5" lift and 32" MTs in my JK. Usually run it both ways, each time out b/c I like D also.

On 11-15 me and a buddy in his bone stock FJ cruiser ran the mud pit hole across from "Yes Its Deep". No way this is 5' either - more like 2.5 at its deepest point on that day.

The "horseshoe" yes its deep is still deep though. This swalled another FJ I run with in September before he even got much of his back end in the hole. He has a 3" or so lift and 33s only so guess I didn't expect him to get through. LOL. He said he made it through and had video of it at one point though - maybe last year?

Offline 1tuffyj

• Insane crawler
  • my squirrels got nuts
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 10:37:27 PM »
yepper, its deep. my wife found out over the summer  :hilarious:

[attachment deleted by admin]
the pressure makes us stronger, the struggle makes us hunger, the hard lesssons make the difference, and the difference makes it worth it.

Offline low_range

• two lockers
  • ate lug
    • 4x4.forensick.net
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 10:48:20 AM »
We ran Yes Its Deep on saturday on our way through the park.....i was disappointed.  Id say it was 3' deep, but its not soupy anymore, just a deep hole with a solid bottom.  Milkshake is worse.

millerlw

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 11:44:38 AM »
Yea, I got caught up in there once....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Red

• Insane crawler
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 01:56:54 PM »
The whole on trail 2 where it comes real close to the pole line is bad with ice on it.  If you're the first one to break through the ice, I hope you have one heck of a bumper.  I broke through last Saturday and the ice was a good 5 inches thick.
'06 Tacoma - DD

Offline jk202

• open/open
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 01:42:38 PM »
Is the deep water hole at the entrance of Trail D still like that or is there a bypass?  Planning out a trail run for this weekend.

Thanks
'12 Stock JK

Offline Wiki

• Insane crawler
  • ...just crawl it,
    • Blue Ribbon Coalition
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 05:55:30 PM »
The intersection between D and the pole line is full of water but it has a hard bottom. Green friendly,

The cut between D and 2 and the pole line looks the same but it is full of soft silt at the bottom (Lockers will not help you) this is parallel with the 5" hole.

Offline bullfrog

• RC Squatter
  • Insane crawler
  • HE'S lift'n me Higher
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012, 09:44:43 AM »
With the rain we just got it will be too deep for stock. It was half way up the rad on my ramcharger last time i went through D entrance. Test it before going through like any water hole.
Find us on Facebook, Christian Crawlers off road PA, for our trail ride dates.

http://christiancrawlers.forumotion.com/forum

Offline zj98

• RC park staff
  • Insane crawler
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
the one thats pictred is on the side of the pole line. Its shaped like a horseshoe. This has a soft botom and I am not sure how many have made it thru.

The water hole that is right on the poel line is full of the dirt that runs down the pole line so its not that chalanging or that Deep .

The water hole going back trail D I belive is hard botom but frezzes fast and thick. Like mentioned make sure who ever goes first has a strong front bumper.   :censure:

Hope this helps everyone.

Bernie
I would like to thank Rausch Creek Off Road Park, Clayton off road, Quigley Driveshafts, A to Z Fabrication and Team Ramrod offroad.
94 grand V8 with 7 inch Clayton long arm, 231 swap with SYE. Dana 44a welded. Quigley driveshafts, OBA

Offline TimV

• locked & lifted
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »
The horseshoe shaped one is nasty.  I've seen guys bury 36's before making it halfway.  The one on D is definitely deep, but not too bad.  It does suck breaking the ice in winter though.  Easily 6+" last time I did so.